OK folks - Tomorrow (Sept 13, 2014) is our Saturday demo at SHAS (Saanich Historical Artifact Society) aka Heritage Acres. They have a web site.

This might be our last demo of the year & I'm going to it. Haven't been to any since June 28 (when I broke myself),  Some of the flax folk have been sending me processed flax fibre for spinning from the demos they have done. I thank them so much for that, as I would have gone bonkers if I couldn't have anything that I was able to do for the last couple of months. Was easy to spin with my leg up on the couch and other foot working the spinning wheel.

I won't be able to process but I can cheer them on. They really do need help if anyone can come and put in a bit of time just to spell them off for a break.  Processing flax straw to a spinable fibre is good exercise and you can take what you process home to spin if you want to make linen.
Hope to see you there
Barb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog